Sunday, January 17, 2010

SICK TAT

Suddenly it all makes sense.

There are people who have tattoos, and there are people who do not. And then there is I, straddling the great divide with my Prismacolor® arm graphics. The people of the former category always and unfailingly tell of their plans for their next tattoo when they are asked about the one(s) they are currently sporting.

I get it.

Yesterday my friend David sketched a sick tat on my arm for my debut burlesque performance as Billy Idol here in Bangkok. This morning I kept my left arm out of the shower so that I could bask in rock and roll glory for just one more day. Why? Because I fuckin' like it, and for the following reasons:

1) I look badass
2) I have jumped from a 2 to an 8 on a scale of lesbian (Not looking 'gay enough' once wreaked havoc on my soul. I have since decided that there is more to life and fashion than dressing to your orientation)
3) Suddenly I'm one step closer to 'getting the look' of Harper's Bazaar's Michelle Obama-inspired look for 2010: Arms-Are-The-New-Face. Tattoos make your triceps look like they could bench one, if not several Spice Girls.
5) Guys come up to me and ask me about my 'ink,' subsequently showing me theirs. Thus I have more friends on facebook.
4) I look cool
5) I look rad

And suddenly I find myself wanting to book another date with the Prismacolor® set.


No comments:

Post a Comment